Search This Site

An Indian Prayer


O, GREAT SPIRIT,
Whose voice I hear in the winds
And whose breath gives life to everyone,
Hear me!
I come to you as one of your many children
I am weak, I am small, I need your wisdom
And your strength.
Let me walk in beauty
And make my eyes ever behold
The red and purple sunsets.
Make my hands respect things
You have made and make my ears sharp
So I may understand what you have taught
My people and the lessons which are hidden
In each leaf and in each rock.
I ask for wisdom and strength,
Not to be superior to my brothers,
But to be able to fight my biggest enemy
Myself.
Make me ever ready
So I may come before you with
Clean hands and straight eyes
And as life is fading away
Like a fading sunset,
My spirit may come to you
Without shame.

Author Unknown
From the Sanctuary of Light, Elbert, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails